This webapp will help you learn the New City Catechism’s content. The settings menu (press
If you revisit this webapp when you don’t have an internet connection the lessons will still load quickly, but the songs and videos will not load until you regain an internet connection. You can add this webapp to your home screen on mobile devices.
Please start by reading the introduction.Read The Introduction
Part 1: God, Creation and Fall, Law
- Lesson 01 What is our only hope in life and death?
- Lesson 02 What is God?
- Lesson 03 How many persons are there in God?
- Lesson 04 How and why did God create us?
- Lesson 05 What else did God create?
- Lesson 06 How can we glorify God?
- Lesson 07 What does the law of God require?
- Lesson 08 What is the law of God stated in the Ten Commandments?
- Lesson 09 What does God require in the first, second, and third commandments?
- Lesson 10 What does God require in the fourth and fifth commandments?
- Lesson 11 What does God require in the sixth, seventh, and eighth commandments?
- Lesson 12 What does God require in the ninth and tenth commandments?
- Lesson 13 Can anyone keep the law of God perfectly?
- Lesson 14 Did God create us unable to keep his law?
- Lesson 15 Since no one can keep the law, what is its purpose?
- Lesson 16 What is sin?
- Lesson 17 What is idolatry?
- Lesson 18 Will God allow our disobedience and idolatry to go unpunished?
- Lesson 19 Is there any way to escape punishment and be brought back into God’s favor?
- Lesson 20 Who is the Redeemer?
Part 2: Christ, Redemption, Grace
- Lesson 21 What sort of Redeemer is needed to bring us back to God?
- Lesson 22 Why must the Redeemer be truly human?
- Lesson 23 Why must the Redeemer be truly God?
- Lesson 24 Why was it necessary for Christ, the Redeemer, to die?
- Lesson 25 Does Christ’s death mean all our sins can be forgiven?
- Lesson 26 What else does Christ’s death redeem?
- Lesson 27 Are all people, just as they were lost through Adam, saved through Christ?
- Lesson 28 What happens after death to those not united to Christ by faith?
- Lesson 29 How can we be saved?
- Lesson 30 What is faith in Jesus Christ?
- Lesson 31 What do we believe by true faith?
- Lesson 32 What do justification and sanctification mean?
- Lesson 33 Should those who have faith in Christ seek their salvation through their own works, or anywhere else?
- Lesson 34 Since we are redeemed by grace alone, through Christ alone, must we still do good works and obey God’s Word?
- Lesson 35 Since we are redeemed by grace alone, through faith alone, where does this faith come from?
Part 3: Spirit, Restoration, Growing in Grace
- Lesson 36 What do we believe about the Holy Spirit?
- Lesson 37 How does the Holy Spirit help us?
- Lesson 38 What is prayer?
- Lesson 39 With what attitude should we pray?
- Lesson 40 What should we pray?
- Lesson 41 What is the Lord’s Prayer?
- Lesson 42 How is the Word of God to be read and heard?
- Lesson 43 What are the sacraments or ordinances?
- Lesson 44 What is baptism?
- Lesson 45 Is baptism with water the washing away of sin itself?
- Lesson 46 What is the Lord’s Supper?
- Lesson 47 Does the Lord’s Supper add anything to Christ’s atoning work?
- Lesson 48 What is the church?
- Lesson 49 Where is Christ now?
- Lesson 50 What does Christ’s resurrection mean for us?
- Lesson 51 Of what advantage to us is Christ’s ascension?
- Lesson 52 What hope does everlasting life hold for us?